If you have noticed you are having issues holding things, maneuvering items such as a toothbrush or computer mouse, or have sudden bursts of pain or tingling in your hands or other parts of your body, then you might be suffering from neuropathy.
Our pain management doctors offer innovative treatments to people living in Ocean County, New Jersey. We can help reduce your pain and return normal function to your extremities using all-natural pain relief methods.
Call us to schedule a free consultation
What is Peripheral Neuropathy?
Peripheral neuropathy affects the nerves responsible for sending messages from your central nervous system, brain, and spinal cord to the rest of your body. Peripheral neuropathy can affect you in many different ways, impacting a single nerve or multiple nerves.
Common signs of neuropathy include pain, muscle weakness, numbness, prickling, and tingling. It can affect any area of the body individually or all at once. Neuropathy can be associated with many underlying medical conditions but is also known to occur without a specific cause.
At the first signs of neuropathy, you should seek help from our team of doctors. We provide advanced treatments that can address the wide range of symptoms presented by neuropathy, including pain.
We will provide an assessment of your symptoms in order to develop an effective treatment plan. Many approaches to neuropathy look only at relieving pain, which requires ongoing medication. We use an all-natural approach with far longer lasting results.
While medications mask pain, our goal is to not only alleviate pain but help your body begin the healing process. Our treatments combine cutting-edge regenerative treatments and chiropractic care for optimum function and pain relief.
Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy — also referred to as low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a pain-free treatment that uses low-intensity light energy to stimulate cells that are damaged, which promotes healing.
Unlike some other forms of laser treatment, the low levels of light emitted by the lasers used in our clinic, do not heat body tissue. Laser treatment has many benefits, including reduced therapy time, improved healing time, increased circulation, and decreased swelling.
Cold laser therapy has many other advantages including:
- No surgical incision is required
- No prolonged recovery time
- No medication needed
- No severe side effects when used properly by a doctor
Regenerative medicine is also highly effective in triggering your body’s natural healing process. We offer two methods:
- Human cellular tissue: Our innovative cellular tissue treatments use mesenchymal cells collected from umbilical allografts. traditional cell tissue treatments depend on your own adipose and bone marrow cells, which use a painful procedure and extract aged cells. We use mesenchymal cells because they are new, energetic, and ready to repair the instant they’re injected. You will receive the healthiest cells upon injection, providing the agents needed to heal damaged tissue and reduce pain.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy: PRP therapy uses your own blood platelets and plasma for healing. A small amount of blood is drawn, and we separate the platelets to create a highly concentrated plasma that will target damaged tissue. Platelets are regularly involved in healing, but in this high dose, they can quickly soothe pain and work on repairs.
Both treatments are far less invasive than our cellular tissue and require no downtime. You receive the injection in our office, and the procedure takes less than an hour. You get to go home or back to work as soon as you leave our pain relief center.
We also offer chiropractic care for people requiring neuropathy treatment in Toms River, New Jersey. Chiropractic therapy improves mobility and restores the function of your musculoskeletal and nervous systems, yielding pain relief.
Causes of Neuropathy
As mentioned, neuropathy can be caused by many different medical conditions. Although peripheral neuropathy affects the peripheral nerves, neuropathy can affect autonomic nerves, motor nerves, and sensory nerves. Causes can include:
- Physical trauma
- Repetitive injury
- Metabolic problems
- Exposure to toxins
It is always advisable to seek medical advice when you are suffering from pain and other symptoms that affect your level of activity. We can provide an accurate assessment of peripheral neuropathy symptoms and a results-driven treatment plan.
If you are looking for effective and long lasting relief for neuropathy in Ocean County, Toms River, Lakewood Township, Point Pleasant, Beachwood, or any nearby city in New Jersey, call us today at (732) 244-0222 for a complimentary consultation.