Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder that affects millions of people worldwide. Although the cause of fibromyalgia is highly debated, the symptoms it causes can make it difficult for normal adult function.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia may include:
- Widespread pain
- Sleep disturbances
- Cognitive difficulties
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Numbness or tingling sensations in extremities
These symptoms can have a significant impact on a person’s quality of life and can make it difficult to perform daily activities.
Treatments for Fibromyalgia
- Regenerative medicine, such as human cellular tissue and PRP therapy, has shown promise in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
- Human cellular tissue involves the use of mesenchymal cells to repair and regenerate damaged tissue. These cells are able to differentiate into various cell types, including those found in the musculoskeletal system. This can help to reduce pain and inflammation, and improve function in people with fibromyalgia.
- PRP therapy, or platelet-rich plasma therapy, is a treatment that involves the use of a patient’s own blood plasma, which is rich in growth factors and platelets. These growth factors and platelets can help to promote the healing and regeneration of damaged tissue. PRP therapy can also help to reduce pain and inflammation, and improve function.
Both human cellular tissue therapy and PRP therapy are relatively non-invasive and can be performed on an outpatient basis. They are also considered safe and have minimal side effects.
If you or a loved one is suffering with fibromyalgia, we can help! Contact our office today at (732) 344-4368 to schedule a free consultation and let’s help you get on the road to recovery.